Monday, August 13, 2007

Wedding in Cedar Rapids

IMG_2708.JPG IMG_2713.JPG

Vivian and I spent the weekend in Cedar Rapids to attend my cousin Elizabeth's wedding. I got to introduce Vivian to a huge chunk of my extended family, many of whom I haven't seen in years. The ceremony was very small and informal, and afterwards we had some refreshments that included loads of great Brazilian food. I wish I could have sent my mom a bottle of Guarana.

IMG_2704.JPG IMG_2706.JPG IMG_2731.JPG Priscilla, Andre, and Caleb
IMG_2722.JPG Arlan and Benjamin IMG_2770.JPG Tom & Barb
IMG_2782.JPG IMG_2810.JPG IMG_2838.JPG IMG_2817.JPG

I also took plenty of pictures, of course, as the family had fun together singing karaoke and visiting at Mary Ellen's after the wedding. We also gathered at the Beckman house to celebrate Shannon's birthday and play with their new cocker spaniel, Freckles "Gucci Gucci Goo" Beckman (the middle name picked by Shannon, spelled by me).

IMG_2870.JPG Giants at the A&W

On the way home Vivian and I stopped by the Machine Shed restaurant in Des Moines for a dinner that included a whole lot of Iowa pork and corn on the cob that Viv told me I ate much too slowly. Viv also had an insatiable craving for root beer floats afterwards when she spotted a sign for an A&W farther down the road on I-80.

IMG_2892.JPG IMG_2925.JPG

We drove through a storm just west of Des Moines and were treated to the most gorgeous golden sunset I've ever seen before. It was like a little treat God had waiting for us at the end of our journey.

No comments: