Monday, January 28, 2013

Sushi date, part six

Winter seems to come and go with fits and starts this season, with a blizzard here and there and temperatures ranging from single digits to almost 50. I'm not complaining one bit, of course, but Vivian and I have learned that if we want to take our little girl outside to play, we have to make sure to time it just right. Personally, there's nothing I find cozier that doing freelance work from inside my warm, cozy house.

P1140341 P1140347

On January 26, Vivian and I were able to leave Hannah with the grandparents and go on our sixth annual Sushi Date together. For those of you who haven't been reading for the past couple years, Vivian and I went to Sakura Bana on the night we "made it official" and started dating, so we've gone out for sushi together every year since then (including going all the way to the seafood buffet at the Rio in Las Vegas). This time around, we dropped by Okinawa Sushi at 120th and L, making use of a Living Social coupon and getting a giant sushi boat to share. I swear, there's something about sashimi that tastes both decadent and healthful all at the same time. After dinner, we took a stroll downtown to the Old Market to get some ice cream at Ted & Wally's. Tonight, they were serving garlic butter popcorn, which brought out a grimace from Vivian (we got baklava and apple pie instead).

It's hard to believe that it's been six whole years since we first started dating. Of course, I like to remind the two of us that we are still dating — we just have some special circumstances nowadays.

No comments: