Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lemon Party

IMG_4283 IMG_4287

The weather in Nebraska is constantly changing, with a high of 90 one day and 50 the next. The seasons are gradually shifting from spring to summer, however, and that means enjoying more time in the great outdoors with Hannah, going for walks along the Keystone Trail and giving her a push in a swing for the first time.

And what better way to ring in the new season than with the citrus-filled goodness of an old-fashioned Lemon Party. What is a lemon party, you ask? Why, it's a party with lemon bars, lemonade pie, and lemon drop cocktails, of course! Mostly it was an excuse to have friends over, but it's a little more fun when you have a theme. The whole Johnson family dressed up in yellow, and I got to practice some mixology trying to figure out the best recipe for a lemon drop cocktail. We were also going to watch Grumpy Old Men with Jack Lemmon, but we got a little caught up with Telestrations and general silliness (which is always preferable). Thanks to Tamra, Jenny, Andy, Lisa, Merinda, Jon, Jessica, Mark, Libb, Ben, Heather, and everybody I may have forgotten about for dropping by.

IMG_4378 IMG_4426

On Sunday, Hannah turned five months old, so that meant Vivian and I had to take her outside for another photo shoot of adorableness. One of the "props" in our photo shoot was an old blanket made by my grandmother out of my grandfather's old jeans. I snapped a picture of Hannah on the blanket in the same exact way my dad snapped a picture of me on the very same blanket when I was Hannah's age.

That evening, Vivian and I dropped by Jessica's new apartment to celebrate her newfound independence with a couple of her mutual friends, Sarah Kate, Ryan, and Jacob. We had chips and veggies while Hannah acted generally adorable and wrapped up the evening watching some show on the 90s called Due South.

No comments: