Friday, March 18, 2011

Going green!

P1030838 Twin Valley Church Personal Finance small group

Vivian and I have been enjoying some festive meals together this month, including jambalaya for Mardis Gras and corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. Vivian even managed to color her hair green for St. Paddy's day, so after washing down our dinner with an Irish cream or two we watched the film The Secret of the Kells, which was about as Irish a film as I could find on Netflix instant play list.

I've also started a personal finance group at our church and have started meeting on Tuesdays to go over chapters from the Dave Ramsey book, "The Total Money Makeover." I've been absorbing information from personal finance podcasts and blogs for some time now and have been eager to share what I've learned. I didn't want to go through Dave Ramsey's system at first, since anyone who actually believes that commission-based funds cost less than commission-free funds over time needs to have his head examined. Enough people asked about doing his "system," though, that I thought it'd be worth a look, especially if I can add a few doses of good advice from other points of few, particularly my hero Clark Howard.

No comments: