Friday, November 13, 2009

Wedding dresses and Cal Thomas

At the moment, Vivian and I are busier than usual because we're packing up to move into our new home in Bellevue! It's been a long road so far, but it looks like we'll be closing right on schedule on Friday at 4 p.m. Right now, we're boxing up all our worldly possessions and getting set for the big move on Saturday (and hoping we don't have any rain or snow in the meantime!)

IMG_3296.JPG Cal Thomas at Christ Community Church

We've still found some time to have fun with friends over the last week or two. Last Saturday, Vivian attended a "wedding dress party" with some of our friends from Bible Study. I had a guys night out with the gentlemen from the same bible study, playing pool at Pockets and watching the Cornhuskers play Oklahoma. The girls showed up in their wedding dresses, which drew some attention from other patrons of the large sports bar. I had worn my tuxedo t-shirt, so Vivian and I looked like the perfect couple for a redneck reception.

(And speaking of weddings, congratulations to my brother Nathan, who was married to the lovely Ranae on the picturesque Eternity Beach in Oahu, Hawaii.)

The next day as started packing and then went to see Cal Thomas speak at Christ Community Church. I was actually surprised to see Cal sitting almost by himself at a book-signing table in the lobby, so I had a chance to shake hands and talk with him a bit. The place was packed, but Vivian and I were lucky enough to grab some seats fairly close to the front. I'd only seen Cal on political talk shows on TV before, but the man is quite funny in person, and it was good to hear someone talking about healing the political divide in the country today.

No comments: