Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Dumplings

IMG_9139.JPG IMG_9144.JPG

Christmas is nearly upon us now, and with temperatures dropping below zero at night and drifting around single digits in the daytime, it's beginning to feel just a bit like the North Pole here in Nebraska. We're finding fun ways to stay warm, fortunately. On Saturday, a couple of us went to see the Christ Community Church Christmas program, "I'll be home for Christmas," which was a strange kind of musical mixed with shades of World War 2 1940s radio trivia blended in. I got a chance to try some new settings with my camera for low-light settings that my cousin-in-law Bridget showed me. It let me snap some fairly decent pictures in the dimly lit auditorium.

That evening, it was time for another Dumpling Party with Hugh and company. We put together a couple hundred yummy "pot stickers" and stuffed ourselves with pumpkin bars and a variety of other sinful Christmas treats. We played a lengthy game of Imaginiff afterward while dodging orange slices and paper plates thrown at us from the roudy bunch on the other side of the room.



Video summary of the evening


No comments: