Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Date Night with Improv 88

Since arriving back home from our trip to Kansas City, it's been a fairly uneventful week for Vivian and me. Last Wednesday, I went to Lincoln to hang out with some of my former co-workers from Land and Sky. It was nice to hang out and have a burger while catching up on what's happening back there now that I've moved to Omaha. Vivian and I dropped by Jitterbugs Night Out for about an hour on Friday and got to hang out a bit at Village in afterward with Lisa, Kevin, and Suzie. The weekend was fairly uneventful, outside of church, watching the Hulk on DVD, and doing a little grocery shopping.

88 ImprovThe highlight for this week was having a "date night" on Tuesday. Vivian and I went up to Benson after work to have tapas and paella at Espana, and then walked next door to see Improv 88 performing at the PS Collective inside the Pizza Shoppe. They put on a good show, as usual. I'd seen them just once before, back before Vivian and I were even officially dating, so it was nice to see the, again.

In other news, I've officially completed my Nanowrimo novel, passing the 50k word mark today during my lunch break. My little piece of literature will require much more editing before it's fit to be read by the general public. I'm hoping to polish it up soon, however, and try putting together an actual bound-and-printed copy on Lulu.com or some such service. I'll let you all know if and when it ever becomes available for purchase that way.

No comments: