Friday, February 29, 2008

Goodbye, Dan

IMG_7754.JPGIt's a special day today: leap day, a day that comes only once every four years. It's also Dan Guthard's last day at Land and Sky. I don't often post articles about my day job very often, and I don't think any of my co-workers even knows this blog exists. I do spend a good portion of my time here at the office bonding with the people who work here. Dan was our production manager at Land and Sky, starting in Quality Assurance about eight years ago. He's been the backbone of our production facility, and it's going to be hard to see him go.

IMG_7789.JPGWe went out to Arnold's Tavern in Havelock on Thursday night to celebrate his years of service. It was a fairly decent place for a bar, though they didn't serve any food. A bunch of our regular crew showed up to say goodbye: Julie, Allison. and Vanchessa, the girls from customer service; sales reps Jeanie and Paul; Dan Miller the shipping manager; and a few others. I didn't spend a dime of my own money as folks around the table bought round after round for us all: strawberry daquiris, margaritas, British Bulldogs, Alabama Slammers, and a couple tequila roses. Paul even went out and bought us a couple pizzas from The Isles up the street. They had some great pizza there, the Paul said he could find in Lincoln.

It's always great to spend some time "off the clock" with the gang you hang around from eight to five every day. Someday I'm going to have to put together one long post about them all.

No comments: