Monday, July 30, 2007

A weekend with friends before Las Vegas

I'm spending this week in Las Vegas to help out with a furniture trade show for Land and Sky, so I was sure to get in some quality time with Viv and some of our mutual friends before heading out.

IMG_2098.JPG IMG_2092.JPG

On Friday night, I went out with Viv's co-worker Tamra and her parents to celebrate Tamra's birthday at the Cheesecake Factory. The food there is always exquisite, and I'll have to remember to try the filet that Tamra ordered. Viv and I both got to meet Tamra's new boyfriend Clint, and the two of them got the chance to ham it up for the camera.

IMG_2107.JPG IMG_2115.JPG

On Saturday, my good friend Ryan Bliven got married. I met Ryan at Faith Bible Church in Lincoln a couple years ago when he was starting up a bible study there. He married Kate Sjogren, who's the sister of Bekah Duwelling, another good friend of mine who I've known for years. The church was filled in familiar faces and it was very good to see some old friends again. Viv also helped me out at the office getting some catalogs ready for our trade show in Las Vegas, and it was very cool to show her the place on a Saturday when it wasn't quite as crazy as it usually is during the week.

IMG_2129.JPG IMG_2139.JPG

After the wedding, I drove Viv by our old house on Eagle Ridge road. It was nice to show her the old place and share some of my old memories of the house with her. Afterwards, we went back to my place to have pizza and watch the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on DVD before packing up some clothes for my trip.

No comments: