Happy New Year, everyone! 2013 was an exciting year for the Johnson Family.
Let's look back at some of the highlights.
- In January, Hannah met the Duweling family in Lincoln and said goodbye to Lisa's mom. We also hosted our bi-annual cheese party and had our annual sushi date.
- In February, we celebrated Mike Duweling's 50th birthday, watched the Superbowl, went on stage with 88 Improv, had a Murder Mystery party at church, made meatballs with Phil and Jen, and watched the Oscars with Bente and friends.
- In March, we went fish-frying, visited Harold Lloyd's house with my brother Jonathan, had a St. Patrick's Day ingredient party, and took Hannah on her first Easter Egg hunt.
- In April, I saw graphic design hot-shot Aaron Draplin. We also took Vivian's co-workers swing dancing, helped Tamra move, and got Hannah her very own swing.
- In May, I attended a workshop with Christian and Jenny. We also cracked open a piñata, celebrated Mother's Day, took Hannah to Gifford Farm, attended a Friendship Program prom, saw John Stamos and the Beach Boys, had a reunion with Vivian's youth group, and saw a movie at the Sumtur.
- In June, Amber and Cliff got married, we had Father's Day, Vivian and I went camping, we saw Pat Benatar and Loverboy at Memorial Park, and then saw Titus Andronicus at Shakespeare on the Green.
- In July, we shot off some fireworks, saw Twelfth Night at Shakespeare on the Green, watched the Stormchasers as Hannah rode a merry-go-round, and celebrated an anniversary with a drive-thru safari, swimming, and lobster. Mike and Merinda got married, and Hannah got to see clouds. Matt also appeared in a book by Clark Howard.
- In August, Vivian and her mom did some painting, Tamra and her dad celebrated a birthday and a retirement, and the Jitterbugs danced at Friendship Program. We rode on an air boat, we had Lindy in the Park with live music, and I celebrated my birthday with burgers and hot, hot dancing.
- In September, we said goodbye to Jessica, and Hannah got her first haircut. We also took Hannah apple-picking in Nebraska City, entered a corn-eating contest (with Hannah), and got to see Johnny Boyd and his band at Cowtown. Vivian also had a sushi-licious birthday.
- In October, I took Vivian to see Les Mis and we took Hannah back to Gifford Farm. PK got married, we visited Vala's with friends, got some pumpkins, and went hayrack-riding with our church. We also had Halloween with friends, more friends, the YMCA, and the mall. We also learned that we had a member of the family on the way!
- In November, we took Hannah to a park or two and hung out with the Lenart family. Mom and dad came to visit and stayed for Thanksgiving dinner. Hannah turned two years old and had a party with a bounce-house and a bunch of her friends. We also took Hannah to see Santa at the Durham Museum and watched the tree-lighting.
- In December, we decorated for Christmas, rang a few bells, and visited the zoo with friends. We attended a work Christmas Party, hosted one at our house with a roaring fire, and celebrated seven first dates. Hannah went on stage for Christmas Eve and we opened presents with family before celebrating the New Year with our friends at Twin Valley Church.