2010 was a fun, fabulous year for Vivian and me.
Here are some of the highlights... in pictures!
- January: After celebrating the New Year with friends in Kansas City, Vivian and I celebrate with her parents and light the fireplace for a (literal) housewarming party. We also celebrate our third Sushi Anniversary.
- February: Matt made a heart-shaped meatloaf for Valentine's Day. We also went to a Fish Fry at St. John Vianney's for a second year in a row (thus making it a tradition).
- March: Now that we have a house, Vivian and I host a late-night Pancake Party, just because we can.
- April: This was a month for parties: a taco party, a burger party, a tea party, Easter, birthday parties for friends and co-workers, as well as the last meeting for the Shovelers as the torch is passed to Lisa.
- May: I get my fifteen minutes of fame making sound effects for Brad Sherwood & Colin Mochrie on stage at the Holland Center.
- June: Vivian and I play host for the (final) annual Comic Genesis cookout.
- July: We and some friends get to see Styx, Foreigner, and Kansas live in concert with about 50k Omahans in Memorial park. Vivian and I also celebrated our second anniversary in Kansas City, shopping in the Plaza, visiting a museum, eating lobster, and cooling off at Oceans of Fun.
- August: Matt has a birthday full of awesome at Johnny's steakhouse and Fun Plex. We also had a fun camping trip canoeing up the Niobrara.
- September: Vivian had a birthday made of sushi, Malara's and martinis. We also ate lots of corn at Cowtown and attended the last baseball game at Rosenblatt stadium.
- October: Vivian and I participate in a murder mystery, take a trip to Vala's, and host a birthday party for Jenny at our house. We also learned the dance from Thriller and performed it every chance we got.
- November: Trader Joe's opens, the Amarillo closes, and Hugh and Sarah have a wedding of extraordinary magnitude.
- December: Vivian and I ring in the New Year with friends in Kansas City. We spent a little extra time hanging out in the Plaza, eating some barbecue, and adopting Santasaurus. I also won a chili contest.